Monday 21 October 2013

Production Diary #6

This week i have been thinking more in detail about my magazine, the name,mastheads,layout, colour scheme etc. I first decided it is the most important part of the magazine to have a name. The name of the magazine is key to whether your magazines becomes memoriable or not. After doing my existing names and mastheads, i had a idea of what names work well in certain times of magazines. I realised that both connations or acryonms worked best as they already give a feel to the magazine and indicate the type of target audience.
First i decided to brainstorm words that came to me when thinking about stereotypical R&B/ urban words/slang that my target audience were likely to use themselves.I came out with a variety of names to give me a lot of range to chose from to give me the best name. Even though coming up with names wasn't fairly too hard, i found it diffcult to actually pick one. I decided to show my brainstorm to my siblings and friends to get there feedback on what names stood out to them. It showed that OnPoint,Off The Chain,Standout,Prestige were the favourites.
Finally after a lot of thinking about what best would fit my R&B magazine, i thought OnPoint would be the best name because it is a very urban word used by many young people to describe something that is the best of the best and is on trend.
After coming up with my music magazine name i thought it would best to move on to my masthead. I already had clearly in mind that i wanted it to be big and bold font seen in many magazines such as Vibe and XXL. Using Dafonts i downloaded a variety of fonts that could be possibly be used as my masthead. I then printed my name out several times and change the font/size/width with all of them to figure out what looked good and what didn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment