Tuesday 8 October 2013

MoodBoard

I have done this moodboard using Adobe Premiere Pro to gather a lot of images to give a variety of ideas of what I want my music magazine to involve and inspire to become.

All the images chosen are meaningful for my magazine as they clearly portray the type of magazine I want my magazine to become and by including a backing track of Drake-Just hold on we're going home emphasis the type of genre my magazine is and would be something my target audience are likely to be listening to at the moment.
Firstly, the images shown of the various front covers of magazines highlight that these popular R&B magazines such as Vibe and XXL are what I hope my magazine can aspire to become as popular as. Additionally, the layout and colour schemes of these front covers are similar to what I would my magazine to include. The front covers chosen clearly demonstrate the genre of the magazine through the artists and body language used on the covers. Therefore these images are appropriate for my target audience as they would clearly attract the age group of 15 plus of both genders as the colour scheme and artist featured are popular of the young generation and the house styles used do not favour either gender.
The artists and albums included in my moodboard clearly demonstrate the famous R&B artists I would like to include throughout my magazines. Artists such as Jay Z,Nicki Minaj ,A$AP Rocky etc are famous artists worldwide and are very popular in the R&B industry at the moment therefore these artists will attract my target audience as shown in the Uses and Gratifications theory readers are likely to purchase magazines for identity and entertainment. These factors will be fulfilled by having inspiring role models they can identity themselves with and by including the latest news and gossip with these artists will entertain my readers.
The clothing,accessories and clothing brands shown are very trendy at the moment and stereotypical of the R&B genre such as snapbacks, chains, jerseys and Topshop are commonly wore by both famous R&B artists and my target audience. Therefore the clothing will clearly demonstrate the genre of my magazine to readers and shown in the Uses and Gratification theory will create social interaction and a sense of community to readers of the magazines as they are all likely to aspire and want to purchase the urban fashion featured in the magazine.
The images of the urban locations of graffiti filled streets and night life in concerts are appropriate for my target audience as due to their age and social class they are likely to be common with hanging around on the streets with their mates and enjoy going to festivals such as Wireless which feature a vast majority of R&B artists such as Kayne West and Drake heading line in 2014. These images demonstrate the stereotypical urban feel of images I would like demonstrate in my magazine as I believe this will be successful in attracting my target audience due to their similar interests and youthful age group.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment