Monday 21 October 2013

Masthead designs






After choosing my music magazine name 'OnPoint', I decided to then go onto to creating my masthead as this is a very key concept on the front cover to make a statement and attract my target audience.
I first started by going onto Dafont and downloading fonts that would suit a R&B/urban feel music magazine. All these fonts were big and bold as seen in other music magazines such as Vibe & XXL,all they use simple yet powerful masthead  to portray the very aggressive and hard image R&B has.
I created many possible designs on InDesign so I would a great range to chose from to give me the best masthead. This would also show what worked well by experimenting on the size,width and fonts. I realised that On Point would look better as one word as it makes more of a statement by looking more powerful.On a majority of the masthead i decided to join both the N and P from 'OnPoint' so it would look unique and stand out to the readers.Also on all mastheads created I increased the height of the O&P so the phrase would clearly be seen.
Overall, my favourite mastheads created were the 2nd, and 6th as I believe my target audience would likely be most attracted to these types of mastheads..However i believe the 8th masthead was most stereotypically R&B and has a urban feel due to be very similar to graffiti. Even though this would show clearly the genre of music my magazine is,it is quite unclear and too unformal.

No comments:

Post a Comment