Monday 21 October 2013

Names Ideas




Using simply just a pen and paper i decide to create a brainstorm of names ideas for my music magazine.
I decided to brainstorm words that were associated with a stereotypical R&B music and urban slang that my target audience were likely to use. I came up with a wide range of name ideas as this would give me a lot of variety to chose from and give me the best possible name .
I found it very difficult to chose a name for my music magazine due to knowning how important a quality name is to make the magazine memorable. I believed my best name ideas were; OnPoint, Off The Chain , Prestige and Takeover. 
Recieving verbal feedback from friends and peers I decided to call my magazine OnPoint. This is due to being an urban/slang word so would relate to my target audience of young people as they are likely to use this word or be similar with it. The name OnPoint highlights that everything included in the magazine is on on trend and the best of the best. The artists included will be only the best and the fashion seen in the magazine will be 'on point'. My magazine's name also clearly states the genre of the magazine to the audience as OnPoint is typically used by R&B artists in their songs or seen used by the famous artists themselves in interviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment