Tuesday 22 October 2013

Colour scheme ideas

 
 

After creating both my name and masthead for my music magazine, i decided another key concept for a music magazine is the colour scheme. Magzines will use colour scheme to make there magazine recognizable and attract readers. Throughout my magazine i will use just simple colours of black,white and grey so my magazine isn't busy with bright colours therefore will be more formal and appeal to more of my target audience. I am most likely to use red in my magazine as it connates danger and violence which a R&B magazine is most stereotypically viewed. For example, in both Vibe,Q and XXL magazine they use a very similar colour scheme of black,white and red. This links with the artists featured on the magazine and the body language used by them. Also, red can connate love or sex will attract the readers as for example cheryl cole sex appeal with attract male readers and the use of her red lips link with the masthead of Q and there colour scheme.
Also in my music magazine i would be interested in using hints of gold as it connates both power and wealth that the artists featured in my magazine will have. It will also link will alot of props/costumes used in photoshoots such as gold chains and other jewellery.


No comments:

Post a Comment