Friday 20 December 2013

Progress 5



Using Photoshop I removed the background to my full bleed image using the eraser tool and magic wand. This made it possible for the image of HardBarzHarvey to cover the masthead and therefore emphasis she is the main focus and importance of the issue. After doing so, I increase the height of the masthead to make clear to the readers the magazines name.
Also I made slight adjustments in the positioning of each of the pull lines featured on the front cover to make sure all the pull lines would clearly stand out against the image of the artist. 



Once the front cover of the magazine was completed, I copy and pasted the exported page onto the content page and decrease the size to fit against my magazines website and social networking sites.
In addition, I increased the size of the page numbers so it would stand out against the images and be clear to the readers where they could find what they where looking for.


After making adjustments to the image of HardBarzHarvey, I simply replace the original picture with the edited version and made the image take up the majority of the double page spread. Also after changing the font and colour of the headline,I increase the font size so that HardBarzHarvey would be broken down into three words and therefore not cross over the fold of the two pages




Looking back at my article, I decided to make the tweets from the public more clearer to the readers therefore I increased the font size and change the font to Chum to continue the house style and make a statement.
Also to make the magazine look more professional, I created page numbers in the corner of each page that would be the same dark red font used throughout my magazine to continue the house style and clearly stand out in each page.  


Instead of placing my third pull line within my featured article, I decided to place the pull line against the image of HardBarzHarvey as this will make the image far more intriguing. I decided to center the text to the left as it would appear to wrap around HardBarzHarvey's head and suggest that she is looking up to the quote. 
Also after experimenting with the image, I decided to increase the size of the image to take up the majority of the page as this will make more of an statement and therefore attract readers to the image. 




No comments:

Post a Comment