Tuesday 17 December 2013

Progress 4


Process 4

Shown in the two images of my front cover, clearly highlights the process I have made with my magazine in just a short amount of days. This was done, by firstly changing the shade of red for my colour scheme. I decided to change the red for a darker burgundy shade as this looked far more professional and portrayed more of the stereotypical violent bold image R&B has. In addition, even though Gill sans ultra bold font portrayed the bold,aggressive statement that I wanted my magazine to have, I decided it still was not a strong enough statement for my magazine. Therefore after searching on www.DaFont.com for bold fonts, I found Chum to give the exact bold statement I wanted which reflects the genre of my magazine and my target audience.After changing the fonts throughout the front cover,I increased the font size so it would take up all the white background therefore my front cover would be far more busy therefore attract my target audience.

By using InDesign's shape tool I created a circle in the right corner where my pull line appears as this would make it stand out to the readers.Also by making the circle the same dark red highlights my magazines house style.



In addition, similarly to the front cover I adapted the font to Chum and increased the size. I noticed this made my content page look far more professional as the pages were busy with both text and images. Using my colour swatches, I changed the headlines and page numbers to the dark red used in my front cover to outline the house style of my magazine.
Using InDesign's line tool, I created two black bold lines which are used to separate the four sections of the article. This will allow the readers to be able to clearly identify the section they are wanting to read and find out more about.
Using Photoshop I made adjustments to all the images used in my content page to make them look as professional as possible. This was mainly done by adjusting the brightness so all the images colours would be vibrant therefore attract my target audience. Also I replace the image of HardBarzHarvey with a picture of two rappers, Yungen and Mikestar as I believed readers would be more attracted to a wide range of famous artists.

Similarly to both my front cover and content page, I changed the colour,font and size of my pull lines as this would highlight the house style of my magazine. Using the text wrap tool, the featured article would fit around the pull lines however they would still stay in the columns made. Likewise to my content page, using the line tool in InDesign I created a bold black line above the pull lines as they would therefore stand out clearly against the featured article.
After the photoshoot taken in East London, I replace the placeholder images with the best images taken. All images showed variation from wide to mid shots and showed different locations  and outfits however they all kept within the urban feel of the magazine. The layout of my images presented a professional look to the magazine as they were centered to the right of the article therefore will stand out to the readers whilst reading the featured article.


No comments:

Post a Comment