Monday 9 December 2013

Progress 3




Process 3

After placing all of the text into the magazine, I decided to include a box text at the end of my article. This was simply created using the shapes tool in InDesign. By using my colour swatches, the box text was made to be the same red throughout the magazine shown in the masthead and pull lines. This will outline my music magazine has a house style throughout therefore will attract a wider audience as it will appear far more professional. After the box was created, I simply just began to paste the text and tracklist that had already been written previously as a draft.The text and font followed the rest of article as they were both black Arial font,this outlines that my magazine continues a house style throughout. In addition, to make the box text more intriguing to the audience, I believe by showing the cover of HardBarzHarvey new album will attract readers as they will want to find out more the opinions of the new album.I created the album cover by simply choosing a statement picture from the photoshoot that I knew would attract my target audience.After choosing the image,using Photoshop I place the album name 'It Gets Better' in white italic font to stand out against the image. The album cover appeared to the right of the tracklist so it was clear to the audience what tracks would be featured in the album.
After creating the box text,I went back to my featured article to make slight alterations to make my magazine look as professional as possible.I decided to increase the font size of the first letter of my article as it is seen in many other music magazine,such as Q and Vibe magazine. This technique will make the featured article look more intriguing therefore will attract my target audience. 
Also, by having in mind that my target audience is key in making my magazine a success. I decided to include readers tweets at the bottom of each page of the featured article. This highlights how key social networking is to use in my magazine to attract my target audience. By going on twitter and finding the best tweets from readers about HardBarzHarvey.I simply chose these tweets and by creating text boxes at the bottom of each page, I place the tweet in italic font as this would clearly stand out against the featured article.  


No comments:

Post a Comment