Monday 2 December 2013

Progress 2

Process 2

After pasting my text into my magazine, I then began to experiment with different types of font on Indesign. After experimenting with many different fonts such as Minion Pro,Broadway,Cooper Std,Stencil Std I thought simple yet bold fonts worked best. I believe bold fonts such as Gill sans ultra bold or Cooper Std would easily grab the readers attention. Fonts such as these are often used in R&B/Hip Hop magazines and they potray the aggressive,bold image the industry has. For example, Vibe's masthead is very similar to the one featured in my music magazine, as it is extremely bold and takes up nearly at 1/4 of the page. 

After deciding Gills sans ultra bold font would be used for both my subheadings and coverlines, I then began to experiment with the colours for these pieces of text. As my colour scheme for my magazine involves the colours; black,white,grey and red I created swatches of all these colours onto Indesign so the exact same colours could be used in the future. After experimenting with all the colours, I thought red would work best as the masthead colour.The red used is vibrant in colour so would clearly stand out and would signify both love and danger. I also decided to use hints of red throughout the coverlines so certain key words would grab the readers attention such as "HardBarzHarvey Comes Clean","Macklemore& Ryan Lewis" and "The best rapper ever?". Using famous artists clearly stated will attract many fans and my target audience. In addition, the red used in my magazine matches the outline of the numbers appeared on the models american football shirt. This will underline that my whole magazine has a continous house style throughout and therefore look far more professional. I also decided to use hints of grey throughout my coverlines as this would make my front cover look far more busy in colour therefore young people will be more likely to be attracted to my music magazine.












No comments:

Post a Comment