Sunday 3 November 2013

Production Diary #8

This week I have been catching up with my work by completing my promotional methods, new media, props and costumes and my model release. This shows clearly on how I am going to make my magazine a success. This is mainly done by using new media as it relates to my target audience and will be easy to access by anyone. I am now thinking more into how I will involved all these concepts into my magazine. I have thought of ideas such as displaying readers tweets at the bottom of each page also including readers pictures in the magazine as this will make them feel more involved. 
I still have a lot of pieces I would have liked to complete. However I would have to wait after I have done my photoshoot on Thursday to complete the behind the scenes and contact sheet. I am excited to do my photoshoot as I will be able to experiment with many angles and shoots and also costumes. It is important that my photoshoot is a success as the full bleed image on the front cover is what attracts the audience to the magazine and will clearly state the genre of the magazine. Due to OnPoint being clearly about trendy and urban music it has been made clear that all clothing and accessories used in the photoshoot must be trendy too. I have now figured out outfits that I would like my model to wear which include;
A American football style top styled with a gold chain and Nike air forces.
A Boy London jumper with leggings underneath styled with a gold chain and timberlands.
Both outfits will have props such as a microphone featured. The makeup will be very simple as by studying other existing R&B magazines, the makeup is very natural with just a bold lip or fake eyelashes used.
I will also be doing another photoshoot in a urban setting outside however I will be using a different model from my front cover to show variety. I will have to pick a date and time that will be suitable for my model as school takes up a lot of their time. Also making sure the weather is suitable on the day so it doesn't ruin the photoshoot by having a dull background.

No comments:

Post a Comment