Sunday 10 November 2013

Model Release

This is the model release form for my photoshoot for my magazine. I have decided that I would like Georgia Harvey to participate in my photoshoot as I knew she could portray a very urban feel.
Before taking photos of my model Georgia, I had to make sure that Georgia was happy with being photographed for my magazine. As she signed the form it clearly states that Georgia agrees to take part in my photoshoot.
Model releases are used in professional photoshoots due to needing legal rights granting permission to publish the photograph. Without having a model release can result in civil liability for whoever publishes the photograph due to privacy and copyrights issues. A model release form is proof that the model is giving the photographer permission to use and sell the photos. Additionally, the release is there to protect the photographer, the model, the agency and the end user of the photographs. Therefore using a model release for my photoshoot was essential in preventing any legal actions taking place after publishing the several photos of Georgia in my magazine.


No comments:

Post a Comment