Sunday 9 February 2014

Progress 6




As shown in my audience feedback, to make my music magazine more successful it was key to change the layout and positioning slightly to make it appear more professional. Therefore for my Band Index, I have made sure that all artists name line up equally on both sides by adjusting the widths between the page numbers and artists. This has resulted in my Band Index look far more professional as it is far clearer to read than before as shown in the image. Similarly, I have adjusted the width between the page numbers and sell lines.


Shown in my feedback from both my peers and online survey, the box out text was not clear to read and didn't stand out. Therefore to overcome this problem, I simply changed the font colour from black to white as the text is now clear to read from the dark red box and additionally white is apart of my magazines colour scheme therefore will show the house style is continued throughout the magazine.Addtionally, I decided to add more text to the review so the box text would look less empty, 'as she hopes her lyrics will touch many of her fans as she knows everyone has lost someone close to heart' was simply added to the end of the review.
The image of the featured artist, HardBarzHarvey was enlarged and pulled to the center of the page. This was to highlight her importance and make more of a statement. I decided to still keep the pull quote on the page as by her looking up in the image suggests she is inspired by how tough she is. I have changed the colour of the pull quote from red to black as seen in the front cover and content page a lot of red is already featured in my magazine.


The most change and progress in my magazine this week has been in my content page as I was not fully pleased with the previous outcome. From my audience feedback from both my peers and online survey I have made many improvements to my content page. Firstly, I have added the social networking logos besides OnPoint's Facebook and Twitter page and also placing them in a dark red box as shown in my feedback the social networking was not clear to all readers and therefore by doing so will make my readers are clearly aware of the sites and continuing the house style by using a dark red box and white font. 

The most dramatic change I have made to my content page is the layout of both the images and text. By receiving inspiration from other existing professional magazines, I decided to change my four sections into four columns with two columns on either side of the double page as this has made my content page look far more professional and clearer to read. This was easily done using tools in Indesign to create two columns. However, as the layout changed there was several empty spaces within the text of each section, to overcome this I added a description under each heading within the 'Regular' section which was recommended in my class feedback and also adding several more popular R&B artists to the band index by looking through artists onto my iTunes account.
Due to the change in text layout, I had to rearrange the positioning in the majority of my chosen images. Firstly,I decided to add a grey outline around my chosen images so they would clearly stand out against the white background. Also to make my images stand out, I create caption boxes at the bottom of each image using the shape tool in Indesign. As shown in the rest of my magazine, I have continue the house style by using a dark red box and black text. The images of both popular artists, Etta Bond and Yungen&Mikestar were decreased in size and moved to the left hand side of the double page as the images chosen were best suited as thumbnail pictures. Additionally, the image taken at Reading Festival was increased to take up the majority of the bottom half of the page as this is a very popular music festival and by Eminem headlining last year highlights that it is not the typical rock dominated festival. 


No comments:

Post a Comment