Friday 7 February 2014

Class Presentation and Feedback




Presenting my music magazine to the rest of the class allowed me to confidently sell my magazine and identify all the reasoning behind all the features of my magazine. This has resulted in me being more confident in my magazine being a high success in attracting my target audience.
I took this opportunity to ask my peers for verbal feedback as by receiving feedback from my target audience will allow to me identity the improvements needed for my magazine to make it the best it could be. My main concerns I decided to address to my peers were issues with my front cover and content page.
Improvements for my front covers suggested by my peers included:
- Change the style of fonts or show variation in fonts in the sell lines
- Have the text appear bigger in the button
- Too busy with the sell lines and takes away from the image
However, I received positive feedback that my picture and artist was clearly liked.

Improvements for my content page suggested by my peers included:
- Move the Macklemore image to the left slightly as it appears to close to the text
- Put a box/outline around the image of Georgia due to the white background
However, I received feedback that my font clearly stands out and is appropriate for my magazine.

I have taken all of the suggestions from my peers to improve my magazine. I have changed the layout of both my content page and front cover which has now resulted into the front cover looking less busy and the Macklemore image is now moved away from the text. Additionally, I have put a grey outline around the image of Georgia as peers suggested the image was not clear due to the white background. Similarly, I have changed the font and its size of the sell lines on my front cover which has made my image more clearly grab the readers attention but still stand out.
The feedback has clearly helped in improving my magazine as I am now completely confident with every page featured in my magazine as I believe they will all clearly demonstrate the genre of my magazine and attract my target audience successfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment